Nicole is doing a Juno and letting Marilyn adopt her baby. Hope she doesn’t call this one Byron. Or Mitzi.
Poor Elijah got an earful from Colleen when he visited the Diner. Â She decided to ask his advice about her Marilyn doubts but used aliases to protect the innocent and guilty. Â Colleen told him of her friend “Collette” who knew a floozy called “Sharilyn”. Â Collette was the only one who wasn’t taken in by Sharilyn. Â Collette recognised that she didn’t care whose life she ruined and whose heart she broke. Â Â Elijah suggested Collette ask herself “what would Jesus do?” Â Colleen recognised that Jusus was kind to Mary MagdaleneÂ but she “had given up her life of debauchery, I doubt that’s the case with Sharilyn”.
Plus, Marilyn was visited by Rabbit in a dream. Â Rabbit introduced her to Dead Byron, who didn’t look like Flathead at all. Â Rabbit also led Marilyn to Miles, who was mid-graffiti. Â How will Marilyn break the news that he’s a nutter?
Marilyn has returned to the bay after 10 years away in Blighty. But who is she and what makes her so popular in the Bay? Here is the lowdown for those fans who don’t remember her from the first time around.
- She ran a beauty parlour out the back of the old diner and gave facials to Madge Wilkins et al.
- Marilyn used to be Morag’s housekeeper. It provided some great comedy as they were the ultimate odd couple. It’ll be interesting to see how they get on the next time Morag turns up in the Bay.
- Marilyn went out with Lance Smart, Colleen’s son. Colleen seems to bear a grudge about their break up.
- Lance, Marilyn and Martin Dibble were in a band together that went national for a brief time. I can’t remember what they were called. Lance got jealous as the press insinuated that Marilyn was going out with Martin, not Lance. This caused the band to split up.
- Donald “Flathead” Fisher married Marilyn in an unlikely liaison. They had a baby called Byron but he sadly passed away. His poor parents were distraught and Marilyn got depressed and fled to London. Irene and Flathead went to look for her. Their method of searching involved touring the city on an open top bus. Preposterous as this may sound, they managed to find her.
It’s good to have her back and I’m sure she’ll provide us with much hilarity. She seems to have ditched her habit of wearing tiny backpacks as handbags.